Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1+1=2




The discussion of children happened within the first few conversations that Matt and I had while dating. Matt knew that he wanted children and I of course wanted more. The big questions was "when?". Well it sure didn't take us long! On February 14th (It just happened to be Valentines and this was completely unplanned) I took a pregnancy test. I truly never thought that we would get pregnant so quickly. Sure enough...it was positive! Matt was still living in the Tri-cities and because there was no way I could keep a secret until I saw him next I immediately called him.


It took some time for the idea to sink in that Matt was going to be a father. He was excited but I don't think he was jumping up and down. I'm pretty sure that only women get that excited about having babies.


This pregnancy has been great so far. I haven't suffered from any morning sickness or any other serious issues. We have decided to visit the Midwives at the Providence Midwifery Center. I had such a great experience with them when I had Griffen that Matt and I knew it was a good choice for us.


Matt has come home for all of my appointments, he doesn't want to miss a thing. At our 12 week appointment we heard our baby's heartbeat for the 1st time. Matt had a huge smile cross his face and gave me the biggest kiss. He was so proud!


Griffen rubs my belly and says "please be a boy". I'm sure that no matter if this baby is a girl or a boy will truly make no difference to him. We visited a friend, Sarai, with a newborn and Griffen was so helpful. I know that he will make a fantastic big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment