Thursday, November 1, 2012

Welcome to the World Trig James Demter - 10/02/12

At 10:06pm on October 2, 2012 we welcomed Trig to our family!
He was 7 lbs. 4 oz. and 19.5 inches long.
I began laboring at 2:30  that afternoon while getting a massage. My massage therapist noticed that my contractions were coming closer and closer together. By the time I  got home they were regularly 5 minutes apart. I called Serena and she told me to get into the tub to see if they slowed down. After 1 hour they were 3-4 minutes apart and coming on much stronger. We decided to leave and meet Serena at the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at about 5:30pm and continued to labor.
After 7 1/2 hours of unmedicated labor and only 6 minutes of pushing, which was must faster than Knox or Griffen, we finally met Trig. He was a beautiful healthy little boy. Daddy helped to deliver him and he was laid on my chest right away. We had skin to skin for over 1 1/2 hours before he was weighed or measured. It was a perfect birth story!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment