Thursday, June 14, 2012

WA state Republican Convention

It is an election year and I decided early on that I was going to do my part, educate myself, and get involved. My Patriarchal Blessing even talks about educating myself regarding politics....this part is finally coming into play.
I have spent a lot of time reading up on issues and candidates in order to determine who I believe is best suited to be our next President and those who should hold local positions. Matt thinks I need to seek help for my Fox News addiction. Haha very funny!
I attended our local caucus this year and then was chosen as a delegate for the county convention. It was a long grueling day and I wasn't sure I wanted to do it again. However, I was elected as an alternate and a few weeks before the state convention I was bumped to delegate status. I couldn't decide if I really wanted to go because I would be away from the boys overnight. Matt knew I was really excited about the opportunity and prompted me to go.
I am so glad I did because it was a wonderful experience! I could definitely see the hard work that so many have put into Republican party at the grass roots level. Being surrounded by such dedicated people really increased my drive to become more involved.
I will not be attending the national convention this year.....who knows....maybe in 4 more years!


No comments:

Post a Comment