Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday Griffen!

My big guy is now the big 8! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by....I'll probably post those same words every single year but it is so true. Each year he has changed so much and has become quite an amazing little boy. I am so proud of all of his accomplishments from excelling in reading this year to his improvements in sports. He is also quite a fantastic big brother and knows how much Knox looks up to him and follows his example. I can't express in words how wonderful it is to be his mom.
Me: "I love you more than the whole wide world".
Griffen: "I love you more than the milky way".

Enough with the mushy stuff!

This year Griffen wanted a movie night for his birthday and so he got it! There were a total of 21 kids at the house, which was more than we imagined we would have so it was pretty crazy.
Instead of our usual ice cream cake Griffen chose cake pops this year. For his classroom party I made lego head cake pops and they were a hit. For the house party I made cake pops that looked like popcorn to go along with the movie theme. We also set up a "concession stand" with waters, a candy bar where the kids could choose the candy they wanted for the movie, and popcorn. The movie of the evening was "The Muppets".
All of the kids had a good time and most importantly Griffen did!
When I wasn't in the room Giffen told Matt that this was the best birthday party he had ever had and having it at home was the most fun. Awww I was so happy to hear it!

Happy Birthday Griffen!







Griffen gets to join scouts this year! Thank you Grandma and Papa Demiter!


The face says it all.....he got a new bike!





No comments:

Post a Comment